Whether you travel on I-75, I-85, I-285 or I-20, you have likely noticed a high volume of tractor trailers on Metro Atlanta roads. Because they share the roads with thousands of tractor trailers each day, Atlanta commuters are at risk for tractor trailer accidents.
The Musgrove Trial Firm houses a practice focused on car wreck injuries, including those involving tractor trailers. While our personal injury attorneys are here to help you claim damages should you be injured in a tractor trailer accident, we hope you will never have to face those circumstances. In this article, we share information on how to avoid tractor trailer accidents near Norcross, GA and what you should do if you are unfortunately involved in one.
How to Share the Road More Safely with Tractor Trailers in Metro Atlanta
Due to their sheer size and weight, semi-trucks pose a serious threat to those in a passenger vehicles during a collision. Therefore, it’s important to be aware of how to share the roads in Metro Atlanta more safely with tractor trailers. Some tips on how to better avoid tractor trailer collisions include:
- Be aware of tractor trailer blind spots.
- If you can not see the tractor trailer driver in the truck’s rear-view mirror, he or she probably cannot see your vehicle either.
- Never tailgate a tractor trailer as it takes them longer to stop due to their weight.
Common Causes of Tractor Trailer Accidents on Atlanta Roads
While you cannot possibly avoid every potentially dangerous situation when it comes to tractor trailers on Atlanta roads, it is still important to be cognizant of some of the most common causes of tractor trailer accidents. Tractor trailer accidents most often occur due to:
- Fatigued driving. Tractor trailer drivers often have long hauls and can get fatigued if they do not get enough rest. Watch out for semi-trucks that do not seem to be keeping their lane.
- Distracted driving. While distraction is a possibility with any driver on the road it can be particularly dangerous with tractor trailers due to their sheer size.
- Overloaded trucks. This may be harder to recognize but overloading a truck can make it harder to control.
Why to Contact an Experienced Truck Accident Attorney
In the event that you are unfortunately involved in a tractor trailer accident, you will want to be sure to contact an experienced truck accident attorney. Tractor trailer accident cases can be complicated and you will want a lawyer that is comfortable navigating these complex cases. Tractor trailer accident case are difficult for several reasons including:
- There are specific laws on both the federal and state level that govern tractor trailers and impact how tractor trailer accident cases are handled. You will need an attorney that is familiar with these.
- There may be several parties involved on the truck driver’s side, including experienced corporate legal teams.
Call The Musgrove Trial Firm if You are Involved in a Trucking Accident
The Musgrove Trial Firm is focused on handling traffic accident cases including tractor trailer accidents. Call us immediately at 678-226-1994 should you be involved in a Metro Atlanta tractor trailer accident. Our focused, bilingual team will work hard to evaluate and fully understand your case and help you claim the damages you deserve.