Slip and fall accidents are a very common type of personal injury accident and can happen anywhere. Whether at work, a friend’s house, or out and about, a slip and fall accident occurs when someone is injured on another person’s property and falls, resulting in a serious injury. If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident, you will want to talk to an experienced local lawyer about your case. That’s why you need to contact the The Musgrove Trial Firm, based in Norcross but serving the entire metro Atlanta area, for help regarding your case. Call us now or read more about slip and fall accidents in Georgia below.
Common Instances Where a Slip and Fall Can Occur
Some of the most common situations where a slip and fall can occur include:
- Construction areas. Improperly cleaned up construction materials or poorly marked hazard areas can cause slip and fall injuries.
- Wet floors or spills. When in a convenience or department store, if a floor is not marked as wet after being mopped or a spill occurs and was not cleaned up in an appropriate amount of time, this can cause a slip and fall injury.
- Dangerous interior conditions. This can include torn carpet, uneven or cracked flooring, poor lighting, narrow or steep stairs without handrails.
- Poor weather conditions. Ice, rain, and snow can cause normally walkable areas to be unsafe and cause slip and fall accidents.
- Hidden hazards. These could be sharp objects in a yard, potholes, broken railings, and other areas of disrepair that could cause unforeseen injury to a visitor.
Common Injuries Caused by Slip and Fall Accidents
While the majority of slip and falls cause minor injuries, those that result in a case are typically more severe and can include:
- Broken bones
- Sprained wrists or ankles
- Knee or elbow damage
- Spine and nerve damage
- Brain injuries Tissue damage (cuts, bruises, etc.)
- Knee or shoulder dislocation
Ways to Avoid Slip and Fall Accidents
There are ways for both people and property owners to avoid slip and fall accidents. For individuals, you can help prevent slip and fall accidents by doing the following:
- Pay attention to your surroundings Look for signs and warnings of hazards.
- Stay on provided pathways and sidewalks.
- Do not walk while looking at your phone or other distractions.
Property owners can help prevent slip and fall accidents by taking better care to:
- Maintain all equipment
- Keep pathways clear and well-lit
- Replace cracked or uneven flooring
- Remove obstacles from floor
- Place clear signage about any hazards, including any spills or wet floors, swinging doors, etc.
What to Do if You Are a Victim of a Slip and Fall Accident
If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident, contact 911 for any serious injuries. Document the surrounding area, including the specific issue that caused your slip or fall and any other areas of the property that show disrepair. Document injuries with photos and any medical care that you receive. Note any signage, or lack of signage, poor lighting, and other dangerous conditions.
Contact the Top Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Atlanta, GA
If you’ve been hurt in a slip and fall accident in Atlanta, Norcross, Johns Creek, Alpharetta or another area in Georgia, contact the experienced attorneys at The Musgrove Trial Firm. Call 678-226-1994 or fill out our online form for a free consultation about your slip and fall case.